Monday, July 16, 2012

Schoenbrunn Palace


I had previously mentioned a trip to Vienna, Austria here.  But this "room" is the whole reason for the trip.  I was desperate to get to Austria once I was this part of the Schoenbrunn Palace on a TV show.  In the show, this room was filmed at night and the light had a beautiful amber glow.  I remember thinking it was like I was on the inside of a wedding cake.  Ha!



Given the people walking around the edges of the space, you can start to get a feel of the scale.  This area is actually open to the outdoors and was used as an entrance to the palace.  You can see the gate where horse drawn carriages or cars drive through even today.


And although they have netting up to discourage anything from resting on the ledges leading up to the ceiling, it doesn't obscure the opulence of royal construction from the past.


I highly recommend visiting a site just because you saw an amazing photograph or TV show.  It might just introduce you to a completely new place or culture.  Vienna is an amazing city and I am so glad I went.

No comments: