Monday, May 21, 2012

White Nights in Alaska

The white nights is something I had never experienced and I wanted to see what it was like for the sun to never set.  So off we went to Alaska during the last week of June.  About a week into our trip we made our way toward Denali National Park.  Stopping off at Talkeetna Alaskan Lodge, we were hoping to see a great view of Denali from the back patio of the hotel.  

Well, the view was stunning, but the cloud cover made it impossible to see the mountain.  But happily we continued to enjoy the scenery.  Slowly the cloud cover was starting to break and we waited to see if we could catch a glimpse of the great mountain nearby.  Afterall, we had traveled a long way for this sight.  

But while we had traveled a long way, our travels weren't exactly strenuous.  So I couldn't figure out why I was so tired.  Eventually I started heading back to my room and snapped a couple photos on the way.  When I looked at the captured photos on my camera display, the time stamp displayed.  This photo was taken shortly after 2:30am.


And that is the beauty of the white nights in Alaska.

No comments: