Friday, October 5, 2012

Grand Canyon, Arizona

There are few places where I can instantly relax.  For some reason, the Grand Canyon is one of those places.  I arrive and instantly feel calm.  And when I'm there, I force myself to get up and watch the sunrise every time.  It really is the best time at the canyon.  The other tourists are not yet out in full force, so it is one time when you can really watch the scene and take in the sights without a lot of others around.  


This photo was taken just to the east of Yavapai point one morning.  The sun lights up the entire face of the canyon in the morning light.  I was sitting with others and we were chatting watching the sunlight.  We could hear something walking behind us and found three elk wandering down the trail and finding the good eats for their breakfast.  It was awesome that they weren't afraid of us and continued to munch until they heard a couple wandering down the trail toward them.  It is experiences like this one that draws me back often.

No comments: