Friday, March 9, 2012

Calming thoughts and Hua Hin, Thailand

A dear friend was married in Hua Hin, Thailand and I was so lucky to get an invite to the event. Hua Hin is located about three hours south of Bangkok by car and is located on the Gulf of Thailand. The place we stayed at was amazing with comfortable rooms and a beautiful pool area that overlooked the gulf. On one side was the king's summer palace... and on the other side was this Golden Buddha and a temple (out of frame at the top of the mountain).

So my friend and I took a walk to explore. We walked up past the Golden Buddha to the white building where a monk was sitting. As we started to walk by he waved us over. He said some words and asked us to make a wish as he tied a piece of string with a knot around each of our wrists.

Later that night, my string fell off my wrist while we were eating dinner; my wish was already true. The string around my friend's wrist was still secure. He finally cut it off after returning from a trip traveling around Southeast Asia for more than a year.

Sometimes it is important to remember that those things you wish for are often things you already have.

No comments: